Sebesta Apothecary Maker Workshop Questions & Answers
Workshops are a wonderful way for us to share our excitement and knowledge about natural bath and body products with you! All of our workshops are hands-on making - meaning that after watching a quick demonstration so that you see the process and safety procedures, YOU become the maker!
What do you currently offer?
Checkout the current offerings here or click over here to see a calendar view to confirm what works best for your schedule. In the details of the workshop you can find the information about number of students, length of workshop, what to expect and how to prepare.
Where are these workshops located?
We host all workshops our of our Sebesta Apothecary Lab in NE Minneapolis. Our lab is located inside of Studio Q (1310 Quincy St NE Studio #1, Minneapolis, MN 55413), a very large and open space that is safe for social distancing and great for workshops!
Who will be teaching?
We have several workshop leaders, but most of our soap workshops are hosted by Kim, Owner and founder of Sebesta Apothecary.
What do I get with my workshop?
The workshop fee includes class lecture, demonstration, beverages and light snacks; all supplies and materials needed to make the products listed in that workshop (example: Our soap class includes oils, butters, lye, essential oils, safety goggles, gloves and aprons) and a take home hand out.
No and yes!
- Come excited and open to learn
- Please wear old clothes in case of splatter (if you are soap making long sleeves, full length pants and closed toed shoes are a must!)
- Be aware that after receiving safety instructions and guidance about the protective gear you should always wear (safety goggles, etc), you must sign a Liability Waiver for us before being allowed in the production area.
Why is the max number of students so low?
We want to ensure that all participants have the chance to take their time learning, ask questions and get the full attention deserved. Keeping the number of participants low helps us ensure that!
I don't see the workshop that I'm looking for, do you offer private or custom workshops?
YES - we are happy to work with you to customize a workshop experience that meets your needs. Let us know what you are interested in learning about and we will see how we can help!
- Our workshops are planned for small groups, but currently we are limited to either 4 or 6 participants (based on workshop), this often requires us to turn away additional participants when the workshops fill.
- Should you need to cancel your attendance - for any reason - please let us know as soon as possible. If we can fill your space prior to 7 days before the workshop, you will receive a refund of your payment minus a $25 non-refundable deposit. If we cannot fill your space at that point, you will receive half of your original payment returned via payment method received.
- If you give us less than 7 days notice or just don’t show up for the workshop(s), no refund or credit will be given.
- Our lab is located in a very large open space facility. We limit the number of workshop participants to accommodate for safe social distancing at all times.
- Masks are encouraged
- Frequently touched surfaces are sanitized frequently