Sebesta Apothecary Maker Workshop Questions & Answers
Workshops are brand new to us and another way for us to share our excitement and knowledge about natural bath and body products with you! All of our workshops are hands-on making - meaning that after watching a quick demonstration so that you see the process and safety procedures, YOU become the maker!
What do you currently offer?
Checkout the current offerings here or click over here to see a calendar view to confirm what works best for your schedule. In the details of the workshop you can find the details about number of students, length of workshop, what to expect and how to prepare.
Where are these workshops located?
Currently we are only hosting out of the Sebesta Apothecary Lab in NE Minneapolis. Our lab is located in Studio Q (1310 Quincy St NE Studio #1, Minneapolis, MN 55413), a very large and open space that is safe for social distancing and great for workshops!
Who will be teaching?
Kim will be teaching all workshops - She is the founder and maker at Sebesta Apothecary; an all natural, eco-friendly bath and body product company. Launched in 2018, as a clean alternative to traditional products, her small-batch products are made of wholesome ingredients that are beneficial for your skin and the environment. You can find her products at retail locations throughout the twin cities, online, and pop-up markets throughout the Midwest.
What do I get with my workshop?
The workshop fee includes class lecture, demonstration, beverages and light snacks; all supplies and materials needed to make a batch of soap (oils, butters, lye, essential oils, safety goggles, gloves and aprons) and a take home hand out.
No and yes!
- Come excited and open to learn
- Please wear old clothes in case of splatter (if you are soap making long sleeves, full length pants and closed toed shoes are a must!)
- Be aware that after receiving safety instructions and guidance about the protective gear you should always wear (safety goggles, etc), you must sign a Liability Waiver for us before being allowed in the production area.
Why is the max number of students so low?
Due to COVID-19 we are required to limit the number of participants to allow for social distancing.
I don't see the workshop that I'm looking for, do you offer private or custom workshops?
YES - we are happy to work with you to customize a workshop experience that meets your needs. Let us know what you are interested in learning about and we will see how we can help!
- Our workshops are planned for small groups, but currently we are limited to 5 participants due to COVID-19, this often requires us to turn away additional participants when the workshops fill.
- Should you need to cancel your attendance - for any reason - please let us know as soon as possible. If we can fill your space prior to 7 days before the workshop, you will receive a refund of your payment minus a $25 non-refundable deposit. If we cannot fill your space at that point, you will receive half of your original payment returned via payment method received.
- If you give us less than 7 days notice or just don’t show up for the workshop(s), no refund or credit will be given.
- You are welcome to send someone else in your place if you cannot attend yourself.
- Our lab is located in a very large open space facility. We limit the number of workshop participants to accommodate for safe social distancing at all times.
- Masks are required at all times, unless actively drinking or eating.
- Upon entering the space your temporal temperature will be taken to ensure you are not feverish.
- You will also be required to complete several waivers confirming that you have not had out of state travel in the last 14 days, to the best of your knowledge you are negative for and have not been exposed to anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19. Confirmation that you understand the known risks of COVID-19 and releasing Sebesta Apothecary LLC and Studio Q from those risks. (Full documentation available upon request)
- Frequently touched surfaces are sanitized hourly