Workshops are brand new to us and another way for us to share our excitement and knowledge about natural bath and body products with you! All of our workshops are hands-on making - meaning that after watching a quick demonstration so that you see the process and safety procedures, YOU become the maker!
What do you currently offer?
Checkout the current offerings here or click over here to see a calendar view to confirm what works best for your schedule. In the details of the workshop you can find the details about number of students, length of workshop, what to expect and how to prepare.
Where are these workshops located?
Currently we are only hosting out of the Sebesta Apothecary Lab in NE Minneapolis, but keep your eyes out for other locations we will be adding as we move into summer!
Who will be teaching?
Kim will be teaching all workshops - She is the founder and maker at Sebesta Apothecary; an all natural, eco-friendly bath and body product company. Launched in 2018, as a clean alternative to traditional products, her small-batch products are made of wholesome ingredients that are beneficial for your skin and the environment. You can find her products at retail locations throughout the twin cities, online, and pop-up markets throughout the Midwest.
What do I get with my workshop?
The workshop fee includes class lecture, demonstration, beverages and light snacks; all supplies and materials needed to make a batch of soap (oils, butters, lye, essential oils, safety goggles, gloves and aprons) and a take home hand out.
Do I need to bring anything or wear anything specific?
No and yes!
- Come excited and open to learn
- Please wear old clothes in case of splatter (if you are soap making long sleeves, full length pants and closed toed shoes are a must!)
- Be aware that after receiving safety instructions and guidance about the protective gear you should always wear (safety goggles, etc), you must sign a Liability Waiver for us before being allowed in the production area.
Why is the max number of students so low?
The Sebesta Apothecary Lab is a second kitchen space in the home of owner / Maker Kim Sebesta. The space is cozy, warm and inviting (always smells divine!) so more appropriate for smaller intimate workshops. As we work on other locations to host workshops, this will change and adjust to the space
I don't see the workshop that I'm looking for, do you offer private or custom workshops?
Not yet, but YES - Let us get the basics down with our current workshop collection and then we are happy to take requests or even customize an experience based on what you are interested in.
Workshop Cancellation Policy
- Our workshops are planned for small groups of up to 5 participants, and often require us to turn away additional participants when the workshops fill.
- Should you need to cancel your attendance - for any reason - please let us know as soon as possible. If we can fill your space prior to 7 days before the workshop, you will receive a refund of your payment minus a $25 non-refundable deposit. If we cannot fill your space at that point, you will receive half of your original payment returned via payment method received.
- If you give us less than 7 days notice or just don’t show up for the workshop(s), no refund or credit will be given.
- You are welcome to send someone else in your place if you cannot attend yourself.